The Production Planning Coordinator is responsible for routing customer orders while following all customer requirements. The PPC will also schedule shipping carriers when necessary and assist planning and prioritizing customer shipments. In this role, the PPC will have constant follow-up with all aligning departments to ensure order completion.
• Prioritizes orders to Route in a timely manner.
• Communicates routing exceptions and scheduling issues to the Production Planning Analyst and Customer Service.
• Works with Production Planning Analyst and Customer Service Representatives to prioritize routing in order to meet or exceed customer schedules.
• Works with Production Planning Analyst and Warehouse Supervisors to ensure all orders are completed on time for shipping.
• Coordinates special order requests with customer service, operations and transportation.
• Notifies necessary parties of all requested changes from the customer regarding scheduling, processing and shipping.
• Assists the Production Planning Analyst with building waves and processing customer orders in order of priority.
• Follows orders through the entire shipping process and notifies necessary parties if there are any changes to schedule.
** Other duties may be assigned
• High School Diploma required with experience; some college credits preferred
• Knowledge of order Processing Systems (wholesale, distribution, retail)
• Must have clear and professional communication via verbal and written
• Must have 1-2 years in similar position
• Ability to decipher reports and consolidate orders
• Ability to utilize and navigate multiple TMS formats
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts
• PC experience: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• Ability to change directions at a moment’s notice
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment