The Shipping Supervisor is a hands on role whose duty is to assure that all aspects of the shipping process are carried out on a daily basis. This would include timely shipment of all outgoing materials, planning, prioritizing, and scheduling of customer shipments, overseeing the accuracy of all shipping documents and labels, and overseeing load activity. This individual oversees the shipping team and works side by side with the DC Management Team, and in conjunction with the Production Planning Team, Customer Care, and parties across the organization to schedule and execute customer shipments per customer and business requirements.
• High School Diploma; Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent industry experience
• 3-5 years’ experience in distribution related matters including shipping, receiving, and logistics
• Advanced Windows based software skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint (AS400 a plus)
• Sound comprehension of business practices
• Strong Interpersonal, organizational, and problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and change directions quickly in a fast paced environment